YORK, Pa. – Five Spartans landed in double-figures as York led wire-to-wire in a convincing 81-60 victory at Keystone Tuesday night in the first-ever meeting between the two programs.
Score: York 80, Keystone 61
FG: YCP 33-for-61 (54.1%), KC 23-for-72 (31.9%)
3PT FG: YCP 8-for-20 (40.0%), KC 9-for-27 (33.3%)
FT: YCP 7-for-9 (77.8%), KC 5-for-9 (55.6%)
Rebounds: YCP 42, KC 37
Assists: YCP 28, KC 19
Turnovers: YCP 12, KC 11
Blocks: YCP 1, KC 1
Steals: YCP 7, KC 7
How It Happened
• York built an early lead with three of its first made field goals coming from beyond the three-point line. A deep jumper from the corner by Kayla Ferris extended the York lead to 11 with 3:12 left in the first quarter. Keystone cut the deficit to three at the buzzer as Bella Lamonea hit a three-pointer as York lead 18-15 at the break.
• Alana Bortner set the tone for the second quarter as she sank a three-pointer on York's first possession, which started a 17-4 run that stretched just passed the midway point of the quarter. The Spartans totaled 31 points in the second quarter, finishing the quarter making seven of their last eight field goals to take a 49-28 lead into halftime.
• York shot 58.8% from the field in the first half, including 41.7% from three-point range in the first half. Molly Day passed led all scorers with 16 points, while Bortner chipped in with 13 points of her own.
• The Spartans tacked on 21 more points in the third quarter, shooting 53.3% from the floor, as Savannah Wilson led the way with seven points in the quarter. Keystone knocked down a three-pointer late in the quarter to cut the deficit to 23, but Wilson answered back with a three-pointer of her own on the ensuing possession to put the lead back to 26. Later, Lindsay Brown knocked down a trey to send York into the fourth quarter with a 29-point advantage.
• York sealed the win with an 11-4 run through the first four minutes of the fourth quarter to take its largest lead of the game at 36 points. Bortner led the way for York with seven points during the opening run of the quarter.
Alana Bortner: 22 points, 3 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals
Kayla Ferris: 12 points, 8 rebounds, 9 assists, 3 steals
Molly Day, 18 points, 2 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 block, 1 steal
Bella Lamonea: 19 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 steals
Khaliah Gordon: 16 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals
Mac Oribello: 13 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist
York recorded its highest point total of the season (81), reaching the 80-point mark for the first time since Feb. 17, 2018 (87 at Christopher Newport) … the Spartans more than doubled their field goal percentage from last game as they recorded their best shooting performance of the season at 54.1% … it is the first time since Jan. 31, 2018 vs. Wesley (56.1%) York has shot 50.0% or better from the floor … Alana Bortner led all players with a career-high 22 points … Kayla Ferris set a new career-high with nine assists as she finished one assist and two rebounds shy of a triple-double (12-8-9).
The Spartans return to action on Saturday, December 28 in a neutral site matchup with Hartwick at the Montclair State Holiday Tournament.