HARRISBURG, PA – The York College women's golf team spent their weekend at the Harrisburg Country Club as the Spartans finished third of four complete teams at the 2017 Penn State Harrisburg Fall Invitational this weekend.
Top Team Scores
1. Gettysburg – 730 (368 & 362)
2. Eastern – 772 (392 & 380)
3. York (Pa.) – 787 (395 & 392)
4. Franklin & Marshall – 811 (420 & 391)
McDaniel, Penn State Harrisburg, and Albright participated in the tournament but did not have complete teams
Top Spartan Performers
• Freshman Eunice Sung was York's top performer in the tournament as she placed fifth overall with a two-day total of 177. Sung shot an 87 in the opening round on Saturday and followed that with a 90 on Sunday. Sung finished one stroke out of third place and six strokes back of third. Harrisburg's Allison Cooper won the event with a total of 159 as she won the individual medalist honors with a two stroke win over Anelise Browne of Franklin & Marshall.
• Fellow freshman Emma Harding was the next Spartan finisher as she was six strokes back of Sung at 183. Harding shot 91 on Saturday and then a 92 on Sunday. Harding finished sixth in the 22 player field.
• Freshman KeriAnne Mahoney made her collegiate debut with a 16th place finish as she shot a two-day total of 211. Mahoney shot 113 on Saturday but bounced back and was 15 strokes better at 98 on Sunday.
• Freshman Lindsey Bonner was York's fourth scorer as she finished 17th with a total score of 218. Bonner shot 106 on Saturday and then carded a 112 on Sunday. Olivia Roth was York's fifth tournament participant as she finished 19th with a 223. Roth shot 111 on Saturday and 112 on Sunday.
The Spartans are off until Monday, October 2 when the Spartans travel to the Washington & Lee Invitational at the Lexington Golf and Country Club in Lexington, Virginia. The tournament is a two-day affair and concludes on Tuesday, October 3.