ASHLAND, VA – The York College golf squad tied for ninth at the 18 team Ted Keller Memorial Tournament hosted by Randolph-Macon College on Monday and Tuesday at Hanover Country Club in Ashland, Virginia. The Spartans finished with a two day total of 639 as they tied with Messiah for ninth.
Hanover Country Club – Ashland, Virginia
Top Five Tournament Teams (Par 560)
1. Franklin & Marshall – 601 (+41)
T2. Bridgewater (Va.) – 616 (+56)
T2. Gettysburg – 616 (+56)
4. Ferrum – 617 (+57)
5. Marymount (Va.) – 619 (+59)
T9. York (Pa.) – 639 (+79)
Top Spartan Finishers
• Freshman Morgan Uhlick (Fredericksburg, Va./Massaponax) led the Spartans for the fifth tournament this year as he carded a two-day total of 152. His score left him tied for tenth in the 93 player field. Uhlick shot a two-over-par 72 on Monday followed by a ten-over-par 80 on Monday. It was the first time this year that Uhlick failed to shoot in the 70's. He finished the fall leading the team with an average of 75.2. He had one top five tournament finish and three top ten placements.
• Sophomore Tyler Newton (Bel Air, Md./Bel Air) finished two strokes back of Uhlick as fired a 75 on Monday followed by a 79 on Tuesday. Newton tied for 17th in the tournament. Newton concluded the fall campaign averaging 76.6 strokes per round. He had one top ten finish in his five tournaments.
• Junior Michael Fedak (Collegeville, Pa./Perkiomen Valley) was York's third finisher in the tournament as shot a two-day total of 166. Fedak carded an 84 on Monday and then bettered that score by two strokes on Tuesday with an 82. Fedak finished tied for 62nd.
• Senior Alex Colton (Bangor, Pa./Bangor) and freshman Zach Billings (Bel Air, Md./Fallston) tied for the final scoring spot for York. They both had a tale of two days as Colton and Billings both shot 89 on Monday but bounced back to shoot 80 on Tuesday. Their two-day totals of 169 tied them both for 66th.
The Spartans finished the fall averaging 312.5 strokes per round in their 10 fall rounds …. The Spartans' highest finish was fourth at the Bay Creek Invitational … York had three top ten finishes in their five tournaments … all five of York's fall tournaments were two day tournaments.
The tournament concludes the fall portion of the Spartans' 2016 fall campaign. York will return to action in March.