HARRISBURG, PA – The York College golf squad finished sixth of 13 teams at the 2016 Penn State Harrisburg Fall Invitational at Dauphin Highlands Golf Club in Harrisburg, PA. The Spartans had a strong day two performance as they improved by eight shots. The Spartans finished Monday with a team score of 302 and completed the tournament with a two-day score of 612. The Spartans finished seven strokes back of fifth place Muhlenberg.
Dauphin Highlands Golf Club – Harrisburg, Pa.
Top Five Tournament Teams (Par 576)
1. Penn State Harrisburg – 593 (+17)
2. Franklin & Marshall – 598 (+22)
3. Farmingdale State – 599 (+23)
4. Gettysburg – 600 (+24)
5. Muhlenberg – 605 (+29)
6. York (Pa.) – 612 (+36)
Top Spartan Finishers
• Freshman Morgan Uhlick (Fredericksburg, Va./Massaponax) led the Spartans as he fired a two-under-par 70 during Monday's round as he completed the tournament tied for fifth in the field of 66. Uhlick shot a two-under-par 34 on the front nine with birdies on three and four while he had pars on the other seven holes on the front. He had two birdies and two bogeys on the back for a back nine total of 36. Uhlick finished tied with Franklin & Marshall's Stephen Colodny as they were one shot out of fourth, two shots out of third and six back of tournament champion Danny Harcourt from Gettysburg.
• Sophomore Tyler Newton (Bel Air, Md./Bel Air) was the next Spartan finisher as he completed the tournament tied for 11th place. After shooting a 79 on Sunday, Newton carded an even-par 72 on Monday. Newton had three birdies and two bogeys on the front nine on Monday. He then went one over on the back with bogeys on 11 and 18 while he also had a birdie on 12 en route to his back nine 37. He was one of eight players who were at par or better on Monday.
• Junior Brandon Hur (Monroe Township, N.J./Monroe Township) was one of two Spartans who wasn't able to better their Sunday score as he followed up a 77 with an 80 on Monday. Hur carded a four-over par 38 on the front followed by a six-over 42 on the back side.
• Freshman Zach Billings (Bel Air, Md./Fallston) made his collegiate tournament debut a successful one as he was York's fourth scorer on Monday. Billings shot an 81 on Sunday followed by an 80 on Monday. Billings tied for 41st in the tournament after his Monday round. Billings shot a 37 on the front and a 43 on the back for his 80.
• Senior Alex Colton (Bangor, Pa./Bangor) shot a two day total of 164 as he shot an 86 on Monday after shooting a 78 on Sunday.
• Junior Michael Fedak (Collegeville, Pa./Perkiomen Valley) was the sixth Spartan to participate in the tournament as he played as an individual. Fedak finished the tournament with a total of 160 as he placed tied for 38th. Fedak shot 82 on Sunday and followed that with a 78 on Monday.
The Spartans team round of 302 was an eight shot improvement over Sunday … their 302 was the fourth best Monday team score … the tournament was the last for head coach Matt Hunter as new full-time head coach David Boslough will take over the reigns of the program next weekend at CNU … Boslough will direct both the men's and women's program … the women's program will begin play in the fall of 2017.
The Spartans head to Cape Charles, Virginia next Monday to participate in the Bay Creek Invitational. The two-day tournament will be held on Monday and Tuesday at Bay Creek Golf Resort.